NEW ZEALAND 2014
5 FEBRUARY 2014 T/M 11 MARCH 2014
Karin and I decided because, we were still fit and healthy, to do another journey to New Zealand. Karin for her 2nd trip and for me my 4th trip. The extreme north and the extreme south were still not explored by me. Cape Reinga was two-fold cancelled due being too tired for a bus trip of 12 hours in the last week. So now planned in the first days and later in this holiday we also go to Stewart Island. After I have seen a You Tube video about the passage from Invercargill to Stewart Island through Foveaux Strait, I decided to go book a plane for that journey. Prefer not to become seasick, because I'm already getting seasick when I see the waves .....
This time we managed to get five weeks off to get away what a wealth. Delightful that we can experience this holiday without the pressure of time and opportunities. With bad weather we can wait for instance 1 day.
This time I again made a highlight tour of the first 3 trips and some new things like Akaroa, Cape Reinga, 90 Miles Beach, Stewart Island. The flight was booked by Cathay Pacific with a stopover in Hong Kong and the camper by Travel Home (ANWB=Dutch AA) at Alpha Campervans. A nice spacious campervan with a length of over 6 meters with toilet and shower.
The provisional planning for 2014 has been worked out for including:
- Visiting Piha Beach with the famous Piha Rescue brigade from Travel Channel;
- To Cape Reinga via 90-Miles Beach;
- Gisborne and Art-Deco city Napier;
- Scenic Cruise on the Mailboat in the Marlborough Sounds;
- Whale Watching in Kaikoura;
- Swimming with the Hector dolfins in Akaroa;
- The Tranz Alpine Express from Christchurch to Greymouth through Southern Alps and return;
- Lake Tekapo and the Church of the Good Sheperd;
- The Hooker Valley Walk, a light alpine walk in the Mount Cook National Park;
- Shagpoint (seals and sealions) and Moeraki Boulders (big round rocks);
- Royal Albatros Tour + Yellow Eyed Penguins + Sealions on Otago Peninsula;
- Cruise in the fjords of Doubtful Sound;
- Cruise in the fjords of Milford Sound;
- Queenstown; Walter Peak Guided Cycling Tour (TSS Earnslaw and Mountain-biking);
- Lake Matheson (Reflecting Lake) at sunset;
- Walk to the end morene of Fox Glacier;
- Pancake Rocks near Punukaiki;
- Seals and Hike Tour in the Abel Tasman National Park;
- The Queen Charlotte Drive to Picton;
- Mount Taranaki (photo);
- The Forgotten Highway from Stratford to Tauramunui (with passport;
- The Coromandel, Hahei Beach with Cathredal Cove en Hot Water Beach;
The Travel Log 2014 is ready and half of the Slideshows 2014 are ready now.
Jaap and Karin