NEW ZEALAND 2011
26 FEBRUAR 2011 T/M 27 MARCH 2011
New Zealand is such a great country, that when I met my new girlfriend Karin and shared with her my passion for this wonderfull country, she also got entousiastic for New Zealand.
We agreed in november 2009 that we would go to do this adventure together. Because of her job one of the remaining options to have four weeks of holiday was the month of March. So we decided for March 2011.
This time I made a highlight tour of my first to visits to New Zealand with a few new things like White Island (Active vulcano), Akaroa (dolphin swimming), Cape Reinga, 80-miles Beach and the Coromandel. Our flight is booked with Cathay Pacific with a stopover in Hong Kong. We rented a campervan by Apollo Campers in Auckland. The camper is 7.10 meter and is equiped with toilet and shower.
The planned activities are:
- Going into an active vulcano called White island;
- White Water Raften near Okere Falls, highest waterfal 7 meters;
- Visiting some of the thermal parks in Rotorua;
- A Cruise and Walk in the Abel Tasman National Park;
- A HeliHike on the Franz Josef Glacier;
- With the Shotover JetBoat in Queenstown;
- Cruise in the Milford Sound, fiorden area;
- Visiting Penguin Place on the Otago Peninsula;
- The Hooker Valley Walk, a light alpine walk in the Mount Cook National Park;
- With a boat to the icebergs of the Tasman Glacier;
- Swimming with Hector dolphins in Akaroa Harbour;
- Whale watching in Kaikoura;
- The Coromandel with Cathredal Cove and the Hotwater Beach at Hahei
- Swimming with dolphins in the Bay Of Islands;
- To Cape Reinga via 80-miles Beach;
- Visiting Auckland with diner at 192 meters SkyTower restaurant
Until now the preparation went more then good ...
The Travellog is filled with small tumbnails photo's. When you click on these photo's the photo will appear in 1280x960 pixels in a new window so can be seen then screen filled. At the same time short videos shot by us will be announced in the travellog. Here the same .. .click on the link and you will be redirected in a new extra window to You Tube to see the short video. Close the window and return to the Travel log.
The Slideshows towards the photo's can you find by clicking on the link above. The slideshows are containing photo's by theme.
Jaap and Karin